1Zpresso – J-Series
Adjusting the grind setting
- Turn the adjustment dial clockwise to make the grinds finer and vice versa.
- Attach the crank handle and stop it from rotating.
- Turn the adjustment dial clockwise to the tightest.
The number (#) marked at the dot is the starting point/zero point.
NOTE: the number (#) might not be 0.
- Turn the adjustment dial counter-clockwise from the zero point to the grind setting you like.
- There are 10 numbers/30 clicks in a single rotation; every rotation moves the burr by 0.75mm.
- Grinds remaining in the grinder might make the zero points different.
- Kindly refer to the grind setting tutorial post for several brewing methods.
- Put the coffee bean into the hopper after removing the handle. The maximum capacity is around 20g.
- Grind the coffee beans clockwise with the handle attached.
Deep Cleaning Guide
Note: Do not remove the Burr Ring Holder before step 2.
- All 1Zpresso grinders are able to be disassembled without any tools. Install and well place the crank handle and stop it from rotating. Loosen the adjustment dial counter-clockwise to remove it.
- The adjustment dial, inner burr, spring and lower bearing cap can be cleaned after the adjustment dial is removed.
- Remove the burr ring unit clockwise from the body.
- Clean each of the parts with a brush and an air blower.
- Tighten the adjustment dial counter-clockwise to the tightest position.
- Put the components back in the right sequence: lower bearing cap (the convex side facing upward), spring, burr and adjustment dial.
- Tighten the adjustment dial clockwise to the tightest with the crank handle fixed.
Do not attempt to disassemble or remove the following components
The central shaft
The burr ring unit and outer burr
The bearings attached to the hopper
- Do not clean and wash the grinder with water.
- Do not wipe your grinder with solvents other than water and alcohol.
- Keep it in a dry environment in order to extend its lifetime.
- Follow the instructions of re-assembly, ensure to place the components into the correct positions.
- Keep the grinder away from children for safety concerns.