User Manual - J-series
Do not wash or soak this product for cleaning
Table of Contents
Adjusting the grind setting
Turn the adjustment dial clockwise to make the grinds finer and vice versa.
- Attach the crank handle and stop it from rotating.
- Turn the adjustment dial clockwise to the tightest. The number (#) marked at the dot is the starting point/zero point.
NOTE: the number (#) might not be 0.
- Turn the adjustment dial counter-clockwise from the zero point to the grind setting you like.
- There are 10 numbers/30 clicks in a single rotation; every rotation moves the burr by 0.75mm.
- Grinds remaining in the grinder might make the zero points different.
- Kindly refer to the grind setting tutorial post for several brewing methods.
- Put the coffee bean into the hopper after removing the handle. The maximum capacity is around 20g.
- Grind coffee beans clockwise with the handle attached.
Deep Cleaning Guide
Note: Do not remove the Burr Ring Holder before step 2.
- All 1Zpresso grinders are able to be disassembled without any tools. Install and well place the crank handle and stop it from rotating and loosen the adjustment dial counter-clockwise to remove it.
- The adjustment dial, inner burr, spring and lower bearing cap can be cleaned after the adjustment dial is removed.
- Remove the burr ring unit clockwise from the body.
- Clean each of the parts with a brush and an air blower.
- Tighten the burr ring unit counter-clockwise to the tightest position.
- Put the components back in the right sequence: lower bearing cap (the convex side facing the bearing), spring, burr and adjustment dial.
- Tighten the adjustment dial clockwise to the tightest with the crank handle fixed.
Do not attempt to disassemble or remove the following components:
- Do not clean and wash the grinder with water.
- Do not wipe your grinder with solvents other than water and alcohol.
- Keep it in a dry environment in order to extend its lifetime.
- Follow the instructions of re-assembly, ensure to place the components into the correct positions.
- Keep the grinder away from children for safety concerns.