User Manual - Q-series
Do not wash or soak this product for cleaning
Table of Contents
Adjusting the grind setting
Turn the adjustment dial clockwise to make the grinds finer and vice versa.
- Attach the crank handle and stop it from rotating.
- Turn the adjustment dial clockwise to the tightest. The number (#) marked at the dot is the starting point/zero point.
NOTE: the number (#) might not be 0.
- Turn the adjustment dial counter-clockwise from the zero point to the grind setting you like.
- There are 10 numbers/30 clicks in a single rotation; every rotation moves the burr by 0.75mm.
- Grinds remaining in the grinder might make the zero points different.
- Kindly refer to the grind setting tutorial post for several brewing methods.
- Remove the handle and put coffee beans into the hopper. The maximum capacity is around 20g.
- Grind coffee beans clockwise with the handle attached.
Quick Cleaning Guide
- Unscrew the grinder to clean the main parts. Grab the catch-cup with one hand and unscrew the body clockwise with the other hand.
- Make sure there aren’t coffee grounds remaining on the threads and tighten the body counter-clockwise for reassembly.
Deep Cleaning Guide
- All 1Zpresso grinders are able to be disassembled without any tools. Install and well place the crank handle and stop it from rotating and loosen the adjustment dial counter-clockwise to remove it.
- The adjustment dial, inner burr, spring and lower bearing cap can be cleaned after the adjustment dial is removed.
- Remove the crank handle to release the central shaft from the hopper.
- Clean each of the parts with a brush and an air blower.
- Press the central shaft back to the hopper and fix the crank handle.
- Put the components back in the right sequence: lower bearing cap (the convex side facing the bearing), spring, burr and adjustment dial.
- Tighten the adjustment dial clockwise to the tightest with the crank handle fixed.
Do not attempt to disassemble or remove the following components:
- Do not clean and wash the grinder with water.
- Do not wipe your grinder with solvents other than water and alcohol.
- Keep it in a dry environment in order to extend its lifetime.
- Follow the instructions of re-assembly, ensure to place the components into the correct positions.
- Keep the grinder away from children for safety concerns.