1Zpresso – J-Max Grinder
Adjusting the grind setting
- Turn the adjustment dial ring counter-clockwise to find the starting point.
- There are 4 and a half rotations in total. 90 clicks in a single rotation; each click moves the burr by 0.0088mm/8.8 microns.
- Refer to the grind setting tutorial post for different brewing methods.
- Put coffee beans in the hopper and turn the handle clockwise to start grinding.
- Follow the guide to calibrate the grinder after disassembling and reassembling the grinder.
Warning: Do not loosen the burr ring unit before step 3.
- Turn the adjustment dial ring clockwise by around two rotations, press the burr and remove the knurled thumb nut counter-clockwise.
- Remove the upper bearing cap and upper bearing.
- Remove the burr and central shaft, spring and lower bearing cap.
- Turn the burr ring unit forward (reverse threads). Disassembling the adjustment dial ring is not suggested.
- Do not clean the grinder with water. Cleaning with a brush and blower is recommended.
Assembly & Calibration
- Turn the burr ring unit backward (reverse threads) to the tightest position.
- Turn the adjustment dial ring clockwise to align the bottom edge of #0 with the top of the scale mark.
- Put the components back in the right sequence: lower bearing cap (the raised edge side facing upward), spring, shaft and burr.
- Put the upper bearing back from the top.
- Put the upper bearing cap back (the concave edge of the cap facing upward).
- Press the burr while tightening the knurled thumb nut to complete calibration.
Note: The starting point might be different within ±10 clicks due to the strength you tighten the nut and dial.
Do not dis or remove the following components:
The Burr and Central Shaft
Burr Ring Unit
- Do not clean and wash the grinder with water.
- Keep it in a dry environment in order to extend its lifetime.
- Follow the instructions of re-assembly, ensure to place the components into the correct positions.
- Keep the grinder away from children for safety concerns.
- To prevent the knob from being damaged, putting the grinder and the handle in the case as below picture is suggested.